Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lazy Days of Autumn

I know that You are for me, I know that You are for me,
I know that You are  for me even in my weakness
I know that You have come down, even if to write upon my heart
To remind me of who You are. ~ Kari Jobe

                             Photo by Heath Cates, all rights reserved.

In case you hadn't noticed, autumn is my ultimate favorite time of year. Although I generally love all the seasons, autumn brings such crispness to the air that you almost feel like you can breathe deeper, like breathing in the change that's coming.

Bit of a confession, but the things that I identify most with autumn are scents. In my education, I've learned that of our senses, olfaction (smell) is the sense most linked to memory. If you think back, this really might ring true for you. For me it's my Nana's apple pie, tobacco smoking in the barn (though I wholeheartedly abhor tobacco abuse, I am a "country boy" of sorts), sawdust in Pa's workshop, and wet leather -- from my soccer playing days as a kid.

Autumn always seems to be a welcome change in my life, and it seems like that change can never come too soon. I guess there are a lot of people who are scared of change, but in my life I'm always chomping at the bit for it, haha! I guess that's good since due to my education we have to  move about every two years or so.

Haven't done much today, but even lazy days around the house are amplified with all the windows up and sun streaming in....I love autumn!!!

P.S. I get really annoyed with those who write rules of grammar...the seasons should totally be capitalized, without it they seem less important than they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment