Thursday, September 16, 2010

The new woman


Thought I'd let you in on my latest love: Penny. Amazingly enough she was virtually abandoned, but thank God we found her! She's very sweet, and at the moment very chewy...hopefully we can figure a way to get that under control. It's the first dog I've had since high school, and if you can't tell, I'm pretty excited. I'm very much liking the idea of taking her along where our lives take us over the years to come. It seems that dogs more than any other pet develops a relationship with their owner, likely through their more dependent/pack nature. The whole thing came up unexpectedly, and although I fell in love the first time I saw her, we needed to talk out the details and responsibilities that a new puppy will bring. Regardless, the morning after finding out about her...she was here in our backyard! Our two cats are finally adjusting to her presence and actually behaving quite well...if we could just get Penny to stop chewing on them, haha!

Just giving you an opportunity to fall in love with her as we have.




                                Photos by Heath Cates, all rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I agree--she couldn't be cuter! Her sweet name fits her beautiful color perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete